Go Back   ChallengeYou Forum > Challenging Your Brain > ChallengeYou and Languages

ChallengeYou and Languages Ever thought about using ChallengeYou to teach or learn a new language? Talk about it in here.

Unread 07-21-2014, 09:32 PM

Post What languages do you speak or are learning? Also, some plentiful resources...

Hello.

I am interested in which languages fellow members are learning or can speak.

I myself only speak English, however I can manage a conversation in German (that is until it devolves to 'Wie ist das Wetter?') which I hope will be my 1st learnt fluent language after English.

If you are also interested in learning other languages which I am learning, such as: French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, English (again ._.), Brazilian Portuguese and soon to be Irish, Danish and many more in the near future...

... there is a website called DuoLingo which even grants bilinguals and polyglots to contribute.

Memrise also has some Chinese and Arabic courses which I've paid attention to myself.

Also, if you are interested in challenging yourself (ChallengeYou!) there is an interesting website that is a Governmental British website that is useful for learning Latin.
Unread 07-22-2014, 02:34 AM

Used to be able to read/write, and somewhat "speak" (wasn't great at pronunciation) French back in high school--I took up to AP French but never took the test, I just took the class for fun.
I don't know if I would start over again in college though (been two years since I took AP/studied French); might be an easy credit requirement though...